Monday, April 4, 2011

Becoming a Wiz at Brain-Based Teaching

I really loved the way that you played not only with the title of the book but also with how to make it interesting. Your project really brought the different sections to life, although in a couple of the sections I feel like the actual book message was lost because of the focus on the game. In the sections that the message was successful I really remembered what was being said and the way to remember it.
Your book sounded like it had the general idea of very similar things that we learned about in Practicum, but with more examples and going more in depth. I really liked the different ideas about how changing the room can make learning easier and more fun, and about how using a portfolio to grade is much more of a fair way to go than standardized teaching. I'd always had this idea, but your project was the proof that I needed. I also thought it was awesome for the book to go into detail about memory, and how different ways that we remember things impact what and how much we remember. Good job guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment